Why should I get a chip repaired?
Fastest and cheapest way to restore glass
Glass chip repairs
Carglass® always offers first to repair a chip in your windscreen.
It is the fastest and cheapest way to restore the pre-damage state and durability of vehicle glass as closely as possible.
Pros of glass repairs:
- Time – glass repairs take just 30 minutes compared to three hours for replacement.
- Money – glass repairs are considerably cheaper.
- Looks – repairing considerably improves the visual aspect of the damage.
- Strength – repaired glass is as durable as it was before becoming damaged.
- Car body – since the glass does not have to be removed, the body maintains its rigidity.
- Cracks – glass repairs prevent cracks from forming.
- Comprehensive insurance – all insurance companies favour glass repairs if rock chips are involved. Repairing doesn’t require excess, nor does it later affect insurance premiums.
- Eco-friendliness – you help to save the environment as repairs result in almost zero waste compared to windscreen replacements
This figure shows you the conditions that have to be met for your glass to be repaired. Also bear in mind that although glass repairs are a fast, convenient and effective solution for glass with chips in it, there is always a chance of the damage remaining visible and the repairs failing. Which is to say that if we cannot remove chips from glass and since we exert pressure on the glass during repairs, there is a small chance of a crack appearing.
Windscreen chip repair
Preparation of the damaged area for repair. First we make sure that the chip is as clean as possible to ensure that our special chip repair polymer sticks properly to the windscreen.
Filling the chip with polymer. Next, we place a special device on the damaged area, creating a vacuum. Once all the air has been sucked out, the chip is filled with polymer.
Polymer solidification. Then we solidify the polymer using a special UV tool. It takes around three minutes for the polymer to fully solidify.
Finishing up. Once the polymer has solidified we remove any excess polymer and polish the repaired area to ensure perfect smoothness. The repair process is then complete.